The National Athletic Trainers' Association has awarded Conway High School their "Safe Sports School award for its athletics program. The award champions safety and recognizes secondary schools that provide safe environments for student athletes. The award reinforces the importance of providing the best level of care, injury prevention and treatment.
In order to achieve Safe Sport School status, athletic programs must do the following:
· Create a positive athletic health care administrative system
· Provide or coordinate pre-participation physical examinations
· Promote safe and appropriate practice and competition facilities
· Plan for selection, fit function and proper maintenance of athletic equipment
· Provide a permanent, appropriately equipped area to evaluate and treat injured athletes
· Develop injury and illness prevention strategies, including protocols for environmental conditions
· Provide or facilitate injury intervention
· Create and rehearse a venue-specific Emergency Action Plan
· Provide or facilitate psychosocial consultation and nutritional counseling/education
· Be sure athletes and parents are educated of the potential benefits and risks in sports as well as their responsibilities
Conway Public Schools News
To submit items for our news feed, e-mail ideas and information here.