CPSD Community Standards for Social Media
The Conway Public School District’s official social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) are administered and monitored by the CPSD Communications Specialist. Individual schools and our athletic program maintain accounts across these channels as well. (CPSD Social Media Directory)
Our social media pages are where we share the stories and celebrate the accomplishments of our CPSD students and staff. We welcome the opportunity for our parents and stakeholders to engage with us on our pages; however, we expect civility and common sense in all comments.
The administrators of any and all Conway School District accounts reserve the right to hide or remove comments, replies, or other content and interactions that they deem to be in violation of the District’s Social Media Community Standards or in violation of the social media platform’s standards. (See Facebook Community Standards, Instagram Policies, Twitter Rules, and YouTube Community Guidelines.) The administrators may also take action to report, block, or ban users from any and all social media platforms for repeated violations of these standards.
Individuals who comment on the Conway School District’s social media platforms- or any platforms owned or managed by schools within the Conway School District- are expected to abide by the following Community Guidelines.
We will promptly remove comments that are deemed to be:
- False, defamatory, or personal attacks or accusations
- Misrepresentation of the poster’s identity
- Political campaigning, commercial solicitations, or promotions of products or services of any third party, unless approved in advance by district administrators
- Hate speech or speech that is obscene, harassing, baiting, intimidating, threatening or inciting violence
- An attempt to incite action in violation of any federal or state laws or in violation of any CPSD School Board Policy
- Identifying or targeting staff and/or students in a negative or abusive way
- In violation of copyright and fair use laws
- Profane, sexually explicit or suggestive
- Harassment on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or age
- Violating others’ privacy rights or confidentiality
- Unrelated to the topic or to the CPSD community
- Repetitive or spam
The Conway School District does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with comments, opinions, or statements posted by individuals not authorized to speak on behalf of the district. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not represent the views or philosophies of the Conway School District.
Social Media should not be used to make a formal complaint against the district, its employees, or its students. All comments related to district business are considered public records subject to disclosure upon request. If there is an issue you would like addressed, please call the CPSD Administration Building at 501-450-4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7; We update and monitor these intermittently throughout the day from 7:30 am-6:00 pm. If you are a student in crisis or have an emergency, please call 911.
The Conway School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
If you have a concern regarding the Conway School District’s Social Media Community Standards or accounts, please contact the CPSD Communications Department at email@example.com.