Conway Public Schools District News
Members of the community are invited to the James H. Clark Auditorium Wednesday September 30th at 6:30 p.m. to take part in a focus group giving feedback in the hiring process for CPSD's new Superintendent.
This Friday October 23rd is a "Virtual Day" for Conway Schools teachers and students. This is different from "Blended Fridays." On virtual days, all students will learn from home, similar to AMI days in the past. Teachers will be working virtually as well. Students should log into Seesaw or Schoology to complete assignments for Friday. (No new material will be covered.)
Sallie Cone Preschool is included in the virtual day.
School resumes next week on our regular schedule Monday-Thursday (10/26-10/29), with Blended Friday (10/30) at the end of the week.
Conway Public Schools will offer blended learning days on Fridays each week, beginning next Friday, October 2nd.
“Blended Fridays” give parents/students the option of learning from home or school. Students who choose to learn from home on Fridays will not be counted absent. Instruction on blended Fridays will be 100% virtual. These are catch-up days for teachers and students: there will be no new content taught or major assessments given.
CPSD is making this change primarily to help ease the burden on our faculty. We have listened and we trust the feedback received from our teachers: the amount of work required with our current model of instruction is not sustainable. Blended Fridays will give teachers protected time for the added tasks that have come with this unusual school year, and are designed to bring relief to everyone: parents, students, and staff. This is a hard time for all of us. We hope this will help.
New schedule for onsite students (beginning September 28)
Monday-Thursday: Onsite Learning (students continue to come to school in person)
Friday: Blended Learning (students may login to LMS (Seesaw or Schoology) from home for virtual learning OR come to school in person to complete virtual work on campus
Please read these important reminders for parents regarding instruction (both virtual and onsite) this year: www.conwayschools.org/page/860
The federal government has extended a nationwide waiver giving free meals to all CPSD students through December 31st.
What you need to know:
• Because of funding regulations, we must still determine a student’s meal status (Free, Reduced, or Paid) this fall.
• If you qualify or think you qualify for Free or Reduced lunch this year, please complete the application now.
• The waiver applies to both breakfast and lunch each school day.
• The waiver applies to all meals purchased beginning Monday August 31st. So- if your student purchased any meals this week, their account will be credited.
• A la carte choices are not included under this waiver. These items must be paid for at the time of service.
• The waiver does not affect outstanding lunch balances from last year. If you owe money on your child’s account, please take care of these charges.
• The waiver currently extends through the end of the fall semester, and we will begin charging student accounts according to meal status in January.