Preparing for College
What do colleges look for?
- Strength of your curriculum
- Your GPA
- SAT, ACT and SAT Subject Tests scores
- Application essays
- Extracurricular activities
Teacher & Counselor Recommendations
- Here are some guidelines that should help you secure better recommendations
- Start early. Your teachers and counselors are swamped, so give them plenty of time.
- Give your teachers and counselors all the necessary materials, including your application deadlines and stamped, addressed envelopes or a link to online recommendations.
- Waive your confidentiality rights.
- Pick your recommenders wisely. Don't pick a teacher just because you got an A in his or her class. It's important that the teacher or counselor knows you well.
- Promptly send a thank-you note to each person who gives you a recommendation.
Conway Public Schools College Prep Resources