Conway Public Schools will offer blended learning days on Fridays each week, beginning next Friday, October 2nd.
“Blended Fridays” give parents/students the option of learning from home or school. Students who choose to learn from home on Fridays will not be counted absent. Instruction on blended Fridays will be 100% virtual. These are catch-up days for teachers and students: there will be no new content taught or major assessments given.
CPSD is making this change primarily to help ease the burden on our faculty. We have listened and we trust the feedback received from our teachers: the amount of work required with our current model of instruction is not sustainable. Blended Fridays will give teachers protected time for the added tasks that have come with this unusual school year, and are designed to bring relief to everyone: parents, students, and staff. This is a hard time for all of us. We hope this will help.
New schedule for onsite students (beginning September 28)
Monday-Thursday: Onsite Learning (students continue to come to school in person)
Friday: Blended Learning (students may login to LMS (Seesaw or Schoology) from home for virtual learning OR come to school in person to complete virtual work on campus
Please read these important reminders for parents regarding instruction (both virtual and onsite) this year: www.conwayschools.org/page/860
The federal government has extended a nationwide waiver giving free meals to all CPSD students through December 31st.
What you need to know:
• Because of funding regulations, we must still determine a student’s meal status (Free, Reduced, or Paid) this fall.
• If you qualify or think you qualify for Free or Reduced lunch this year, please complete the application now.
• The waiver applies to both breakfast and lunch each school day.
• The waiver applies to all meals purchased beginning Monday August 31st. So- if your student purchased any meals this week, their account will be credited.
• A la carte choices are not included under this waiver. These items must be paid for at the time of service.
• The waiver does not affect outstanding lunch balances from last year. If you owe money on your child’s account, please take care of these charges.
• The waiver currently extends through the end of the fall semester, and we will begin charging student accounts according to meal status in January.
Most students should now be able to login and access our Learning Management Systems without issue.
If you are still having difficulty, please email email@example.com.
When you email this address, someone will get back with you to troubleshoot your specific situation.
Students are not falling behind because of any technical difficulties.
Before emailing for help:
Be sure you have completed returning registration for your student. We still have more than 900 students whose registration is not complete. Their accounts will remain disabled until this is done.
Be sure you have read the district’s “How to” guides for See Saw and Schoology: https://ar50000572.schoolwires.net/Page/829