CPSD Health and Safety Protocols
Conway Public Schools has received guidance from the Arkansas Departments of Health and Education regarding our response to having positive cases of COVID-19 inside the school district. We are currently working to determine our specific protocols and steps we will follow if/when a staff member or student tests positive for the virus.
These protocols will follow the guidance given by the state in their "Response Levels" document. (We have linked this document in the right sidebar.)
Decisions for quarantine of a student, group of students, classroom, school, and/or district will be made in conjunction with the Arkansas Department of Health and not by the school district independently.
School Nurse Notes:
Please contact your child's school ASAP if any of the following occur:
- Your student tests positive for COVID-19
- Someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19
- Your student was exposed to someone outside of school who tested positive for COVID-19
Top 5 things our school nurses want you to know:
- If your child has fever or symptoms of illness, please do not send them to school.
- Your child must be fever free without medication for 48 hours before returning to school after an illness.
- Students should carry their own hand sanitizer along with extra face masks to school each day.
- Please make sure your child's school has your updated contact information, as well as multiple emergency contacts in case they are needed.
- Continue to make sure your child is up-to-date on all required immunizations, and get the flu shot!