Fall 2020 Instructional Options
- Essential Standards Taught
- Academic Course Content/Offerings the same
- Online, student-paced learning
- Individual student learning with teacher monitoring of progress on a regular basis
- Elementary Art, Music, PE, and GT instructional methods will be customized for virtual learning.
- Secondary performance based courses instructional methods will be customized for virtual learning. (oral communication, keyboarding, etc.)
- Grades will be taken on a regular basis based on accuracy of work produced.
- Grades will also be taken in conjunction with deadlines for completed assignments.
- Tests are taken on-line.
- Tier III dyslexia interventions will occur virtually in accordance with program fidelity requirements.
- Each student will be issued a chromebook for use at home.
- If not already available in the home, each family will be provided internet access.
- Parents provide all school supplies
- District provides any specific program supplies for use at home.
- Students who receive their instruction exclusively in a special education setting will receive their instruction virtually with the special education teacher monitoring the progress and goals outlined in their IEP.
- Students who receive Speech, OT, and PT will have the option of Teletherapy to be provided with parental consent and supervision.
- Students who receive resource services in elementary schools will follow the general education curriculum and instruction.
- Resource teachers will use the online platform to teach the skills which are outlined in their IEP goals and objectives.
- Students in inclusion classes will follow the general education curriculum and instruction. Special education teachers in the inclusion classes will monitor progress and goals/objectives for those courses.
Virtual Learning also includes the following:
- Attendance of student and family to an orientation meeting
- Commitment of one semester
- Virtual students are eligible for participation in AAA sanctioned activities
On Site Instruction
- Essential Standards Taught
- Course/Content Offerings the same
- Face to face teacher facilitated
- Whole/small group instruction
- Elementary Art, Music, PE, and GT instruction will remain the same.
- Secondary performance based courses will remain the same. (i.e. oral communication, keyboarding, choir, etc.)
- Grading will be the same as in previous years for all grades.
- Intervention will be provided for all students per normal building procedures.
- Tier III dyslexia interventions will remain the same as previously conducted in accordance with program fidelity requirements.
- Each student will be issued a chromebook for use at home if rolling closures occur.
- Each family will be provided internet access to access student learning.
- Parents provide school supplies as per usual.
- Student supplies are kept separate for individual use only.
- Special Education will reflect the service delivery, materials, and methods that we have previously known and implemented.
- All instruction will be delivered to allow students with disabilities access and to progress in public education.
- For onsite instruction, facemasks will be required for all staff and all students grades 5-12 whenever a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- All staff and students in grades 5-12 will be required to wear masks anytime they are within 6 feet of another person. Masks are strongly recomended for students in grades K-4.